Book a session to chat with Sophie one-on-one about creating a bespoke piece. During your session she'll show you through a selection of her pieces to try on in our Christchurch studio, and walk you through all of the possibilities for creating a one-of-a-kind piece of jewellery that complements the style and personality of the wearer.
1. Quick chat ($0)
Come on in and have a quick discussion about your ideas, and try on some pieces in our Christchurch workshop. Get a feel for whether a custom SDJ piece is right for you.
You're always welcome to pop in any time during opening hours without an appointment- use this option if you would like to book a specific time to talk one-on-one with Sophie.
2. Full Consultation ($50)
If you're feeling ready to take the next step, book a session with Sophie to take an in-depth look at all of the options for your bespoke piece. The consultation fee covers 60 minutes of one-on-one consultation, plus quotes and sketches (if required) which will be delivered after your appointment.
There is a small fee for a consultation session, which will then be credited toward the cost of the final piece once confirmed.
3. Follow-up appointment ($0)
After your consultation, you're welcome to book a follow-up to take a second look at any gems or pieces you are considering (sometimes it's a good idea to sleep on it!) and talk through the details of your quote and design before making a decision.
Your consultation session will include:
- Up to one hour to talk with Sophie one-on-one about your bespoke piece.
- Viewing of up to 9 stones during your session. Let her know about any gem types, shapes, sizes or colours you are interested in before your appointment, so she can select the best options for you ahead of time.
- After your appointment, Sophie will provide a no-obligation quote to create the piece(s) discussed. The quote will cover metal options, and up to two design variations and/or centre stone variations. If required, Sophie will create up to 3 accompanying sketches to help you visualise them.
Things to note:
- It's a good idea to fill out the Custom Jewellery Enquiry Form before your appointment, so we can begin building a picture for what you have in mind.
- If you can only get in to the workshop at a particular time and it isn't available through the booking system, get in touch to check if there is any further availability. Sophie will always do her best to accommodate if possible.
- Every piece that Sophie creates is in her own unique, organic style.
Custom pieces are created by combining different gems, metals and elements from her extensive portfolio of designs. For example, you can combine a style of band from one design and the setting style from another, and have it made with the gems and metal you prefer to create a piece that is one-of-a-kind.
- Please note this is a consultation service only. Sophie Divett Jewellery retains ownership of all designs produced.
- The SDJ workshop is located at 266 High Street, Christchurch City Central (at the Colombo Street end of High Street).
- Once all details are confirmed, a custom piece will take approximately 6 - 12 weeks to complete. Bespoke pricing begins at $500 for sterling silver, and $1000 for 9ct gold.
See here for more Frequently Asked Questions.